How do I get electricity tokens?
How to Buy Kenya Power (KPLC) Prepaid Tokens via M-PESA Paybill Number 888880.
- Go to Safaricom SIM Tool Kit, select M-PESA menu, select “Lipa na M-PESA“
- Select “Pay Bill“
- Select “Enter Business no.“, Enter KPLC’s Lipa na M-PESA PayBill Number 888880 and press “OK”
How can I get KPLC tokens cheap?
The cheapest way of buying KPLC prepaid tokens – Buying tokens as from 1st – 8th of every month is the cheapest time to but Kenya power tokens since KPLC charges only KSh 18.80/KWHr then Payment 2 (between 8th – 14th), (between 15th – 21st), and lastly (between 22nd – 31st).
How do I apply for KPLC tokens?
1: Apply Online (https://selfservice.kplc.co.ke) and Pay Online (via RTGS to KPLC Bank Account No. 0104074121608 or Mobile Money Transfer Pay bill number 888899, Account No: application reference No.) and sign the Supply Contract (see forms below). 2: Receive external works, meter installation and electricity flow.
How do Kenya Power tokens work?
A customer purchases electricity token and credit units to his meter by typing a given code on the meter’s customer interface unit screen. As the customer uses electricity, his/her credit balance is reduced each day until the units are exhausted prompting the customer to top it up.
How do I find my token number?
To do this, simply go to your token meter box and input the code 804 (Hexing) / 100 (Conlog) / Shenzen (65) then press the enter symbol. If successful, your 11-digit account number will be displayed on the screen.
How can I get token number?
To load the token via vendor, you will need to know your meter number before meeting the vendor.
- Check your meter number by dialing 100 on the meter and it will be displayed.
- Visit the vendor and make payment for your choice.
- Give the vendor your meter number.
- Collect the 20 digit token from the vendor.
How much is KPLC token per unit?
Domestic consumers who purchase less than 10 tokens: Each unit is charged Ksh. 12.00. Domestic consumers who purchase over 10 units: If you buy more than 10 tokens at a go, then you will be charged Ksh. 15.80 for each.
How do I get a prepaid token meter?
The steps involved in generating IKEDC prepaid token through smart meter is highlighted below:
- Visit any of the disco offices close to you with your smart meter card.
- Present your smart card to them. …
- Request and pay for the credits you can afford.
How can I get KPLC tokens fast?
How to buy KPLC tokens quickly through 501200 (VendIT)
- Go to M-PESA menu and select Lipa na M-PESA > Paybill.
- Enter business number 501200.
- Enter your 11 digit prepaid meter number as the account number.
- Enter the amount you wish to purchase. (above Kshs. …
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and press OK.
How can I get free electricity tokens?
You can claim your FBE token by dialing *130*269# from your mobile phone or contact your local municipality to find out if you qualify and how to apply. Just note that they only give FBE to people who earn less than a certain amount per month.
How long does it take to get electricity connected?
How do you connect electricity to new build and how long does it take? Connecting utilities is quick and easy, but it can take a little longer if you need an electricity or gas meter installed. If you’re moving into a new build, utilities can take 10 to 20 days to get connected if a new meter installation is required.
How do I activate my token meter?
- 1 Enter KPLC prepaid business number 888880 or 88888.
- 2 Enter your 11 digit meter number.
- 3 Enter amount between 250 and 35,000.
- 4 Enter your M-Pesa pin.
- 5Confirm details and submit.
- 6 SMS from M-Pesa confirming transaction.
- 7 SMS from KPLC with a 20 digit token.
What happens when prepaid electricity runs out?
When meter balance reaches zero, the meter switches off the electricity that powers your house. Indeed, the prepaid electricity meter has a relay (an automatic switch) which disconnects the power when there is no units left. When you top up, the meter balance increases and the relays lets electricity flows again.
Why is my prepaid meter rejecting token?
WHY DOES MY METER REJECT TOKENS? This may result from using the wrong meter number when vending, a faulty meter or change in tariff index.
How can I check my prepaid token balance?
How to check KPLC token balance
- Open a new SMS message on your phone.
- Type 95551 in the Send to box.
- In the message field, input the first part of your account number. …
- After a few seconds, a reply with your account details including account balance will appear.