In addition to being a decorative piece in your home and giving off heat in an energy-efficient manner, electric fireplaces require minimal cleaning. Unlike gas or wood fireplaces, no ventilation or gas lines are needed, making maintenance simple.
How do you clean electric fireplace vents?
Follow these steps to learn how to clean an electric fireplace.
- Turn off the unit.
- Remove or open glass doors.
- Dust your logs, stones, andirons or hearth with a clean cloth. …
- Vacuum vents with a hand vacuum or hose attachment.
- Use a duster or damp clean cloth to wipe down the inside and outside of your fireplace walls.
How do you clean dust from an electric fire?
Spray the interior compartment of the heater with a compressed air duster to loosen dry dust and debris. If you are cleaning a space heater without a cover, target the heater’s vents and slats with the compressed air duster’s nozzle. Free any lose dust from the heating element with a few sprays of air as necessary.
Do electric fireplaces go bad?
No, the flame on an electric fireplace is not real.
Since the flame isn’t real, no harmful gases or smoke is produced from and electric fireplace. This means that electric fireplaces can be used without the need for a chimney, flue or vent.
How do I reset my electric fireplace?
SOLUTION: Turn all switches to the “off” position and unplug the unit from the wall for five minutes. After five minutes, power everything back on.
How do I make my electric fireplace brighter?
Some electric fireplaces come with canopy, or overhead, accent lighting. These LED lights can be very bright, and may wash out the flames below. Turning the overhead lighting off, or choosing a warmer colour, will help the flame to be more visible and vibrant.
Is it OK to leave electric fireplace on all night?
Yes, it is okay to leave an electric fireplace insert on overnight but it’s best if you turn it off when possible. … Although electric fireplaces do not produce any carbon monoxide fumes, its best to turn your electric fireplace off when you leave the room for an extended period of time or plan on catching some zzz’s.
Why does my new electric fireplace smell?
Whether you own a vented fireplace or not, the smell coming from your electric insert can be caused by creosote or soot deposits in an old chimney. When heated, this residue can emit an odor that wafts through your home. … This helps prevent any fire hazards that can be caused by soot deposits in the flue.
Is it OK to leave fireplace on overnight?
Never leave your burning fireplace unattended. … Carbon monoxide is a furtive toxin, so fireplace safety warrants awareness of this compound. The smoke from burning wood contains carbon monoxide, so in order to prevent this toxic byproduct from entering your home, it is important to leave the flue open overnight.
Can you plug an electric fireplace into a regular outlet?
Most electric fireplaces can be plugged into a standard 120 Volt outlet, and no dedicated circuit is required.